ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION(A.A.B.A.)
Home > Academics > A.A.B.A Program
Program Description and Objectives
This program provides lower division preparation for students who wish to broaden business administration. The students learn about effective communications strategies and use the latest technical tools to perform the job duties.
Associate of Science in Business Administration (A.A.B.A.) program is based on 96 quarter credits, which consists of 48 quarter credits of Business Administration courses, 36 quarter credits of General Education courses and 12 quarter credits of Elective courses. The program lasts two academic years.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of the Associate Degree program the student will be able to:
1. Use skills in oral and written communication as well as mathematics, relevant general education coursework, and specific business knowledge in the basics of accounting, economics, management, and marketing.
2. Discuss the basic business principles and operations, including management, marketing, and finance.
3. Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and team-building skills in a business management environment.
4. Examine basic tools for managing in organizations based on a fundamental knowledge of both individual and organizational behavior.
Method of Education
Classes incorporate lectures, instructional work in class, demonstrations, one-on-one tutorials, library research, and comprehensive examinations regarding Business Administration. All instruction is conducted in a classroom setting.
The College confers an Associate Degree on those students who have fulfilled the following conditions:
1. Completion of one of the programs offered by the College with a Grade Point Average of a “C”or above. A minimum of 48 credits must have been taken at ICC.
2. Approval of the faculty and board of trustees.