ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES(A.A.B.S.)
Home > Academics > A.A.B.S Program
Program Description and Objectives
This program is designed to equip students to study more effectively the scriptures of the Old and New Testament as well as offering training in general studies areas. The students will develop a solid biblical and theological foundation and identify the values necessary to guide ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies (A.A.B.S.) program is based on 96 quarter credits, which consists of 48 quarter credits of major courses, 36quarter credits of General Education courses and 12quarter credits of elective (businessmajor)courses. The program lasts two academic years.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of the Associate Degree program the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the entire Bible.
2. Gain skills in adequately interpreting Scripture.
3. Model a lifestyle of Christian character.
4. Be competent in biblical exposition for lay ministry.
5. Demonstrate introductory knowledge of General Studies from a biblical perspective.
Method of Education
Classes incorporate lectures, instructional work in class, demonstrations, one-on-one tutorials, library research, and comprehensive examinations on the Bible. All instruction is conducted in a classroom setting.
The College confers an Associate Degree on those students who have fulfilled the following conditions:
1. Completion of one of the programs offered by the College with a Grade Point Average of a “C”or above. A minimum of 48 credits must have been taken at ICC.
2. Evidence of dependability and progress in Christian ministry as mutually evaluated by the directors of student ministries and of the candidate’s chosen program.
3. Evidence of approved Christian character
4. Approval of the faculty and board of trustees