International Student Admissions
ICC issues I-20 forms to international students. As a result, each prospective international student must contact the Office of Admissions regarding preparation of the student VISA. After processing your completed application, the Admissions Office will inform you of its decision. It is wise to start the process well in advance of the term for which you are applying. Any questions about applications, important dates or any other part of the admissions process should be directed to:
Ivy Christian College
Attn: Office of Admissions
9401 Mathy Drive Fairfax, VA 22031
Financial Statement Requirement
International applicants must submit financial statements showing evidence of financial support to attend school full-time. Original (not copies) bank verification of funding must substantiate financial statements. The statement must be original and on the institution’s letterhead/stationery.
All documentation must be dated within 3 months of the date of initial enrollment at ICC. The Office of Admissions has provided you with an estimate of annual educational and living expenses for international students for an academic term. You must document financial support equal to or greater than this amount. This estimate is subject to change without notice and will usually increase each year.
International Student Visa Information
All international students must enter the US on a student (F-1) visa. ICC can issue the Form I-20 for eligible students. All F-1 students are entered into the computerized Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), which monitors the immigration status of international student. Details of requirements to obtain the Form I-20 and student visa are in the How to Apply for International Applicants section below. Students should carefully follow proper immigration procedures in order to maintain legal status in the US. Students on other visas may be eligible to study full-time or part-time, depending on the visa. Contact the Admissions Office or any US Embassy or Consulate for more information.
How to Apply for International Applicants (I-20 Required)
1. Complete the Online Application Form, including credit card payment (Visa, Master, Diner’s Club, or Discover) for non-refundable application fee, $100.
2. Submit a photocopy of the front page of a valid passport (with the picture, the name and the birth date) online and
3. Mail a copy of a high school diploma or college transcript, translated in English and notarized, or sign a self-attestation.
4. Mail a proof of English language proficiency: If English is not your first language, you are required to submit official scores from an English proficiency examination, regardless of citizenship.
I. English language competency requirement may be fulfilled through any one of the following options:
A. English Language Competency (TOEFL): TOEFL Score of at least 61 iBTOR a level 6 IELTS exam score, OR
B. Satisfactory completion of at least two academic years (60 semester credits/90 quartercredits) of education at the baccalaureate level from an institution accredited by an agencyrecognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, OR
C. Achieve B2 level in Oxford English Test or a minimum completion of “Expanding” Level in ICC ESL Program.
5. Biblical Studies in Korea: Korean language competency requirement maybe fulfilled through an interview with the Academic Dean.
6. Mail an original copy of a bank statement that shows available funds to afford the program and the cost of living. (Note: All financial information must be statements with dates no older than 3 months prior to the I-20 application date.)
7. Complete all spiritual requirements.
8. Mail the Affidavit of Support Form signed by the sponsor (if applicable).
9. Transfer students only: email a photocopy of all I-20 forms from previous schools in the U.S. to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Transfer students only: email a photocopy of the current visa and I-94. Note: Other forms of payment (Cash, Debit Cards, Money Orders or Certified Bank Checks) are accepted as well.
The student must apply an application at least one month ahead before the start day of every quarter. All required documents except the application form must be submitted via email (scanned documents must be readable) or mail. The mailing address and phone numbers are:
Ivy Christian College
9401 Mathy Dr. 380, Fairfax, VA 22031
Phone: (703) 425-4143
Important Information for Students in F-1 Status
(1) All F-1 students should be enrolled as full-time (at least 12 credits in undergraduate degree program). Full-time status must be maintained and verified to avoid being out of proper USCIS status.
(2) Students are responsible for notifying the International Student Office of any change in their personal information no later than 10 days after the change is implemented. (Example: address, telephone number, etc.)
Note: If you are currently a student at another institution and already have an F-1 visa, you need a new I-20 issued by ICC. Therefore, you must submit the I-20 application packet, transfer clearance form, a copy of current visa, I-20, passport, and I-94, along with all other admissions requirements